Operating in the 5GHz band, airFiber 5 builds on the innovations in airFiber 24 to enable speeds up to 1Gbps and introduces new eXtended Range Technology (xRT) to provide 100+Km maximum range.
Ubiquiti Networks introduces our proprietary INVICTUS™ core communications processing engine. The speed, power, and efficiency of this integrated circuit enhances the performance of airFiber.
Efficient Use of 5 GHz Band
airFiber AF5/AF5U features 1 MHz center channel resolution with market-leading Power Envelope Tracking technology. airFiber AF5/AF5U accurately and continuously controls transmit power relative to the band edge. The power level automatically tracks to optimize performance near band edges, allowing you to choose the part of the band with the least interference.
Newly developed for airFiber the patent-pending xRT feature uses an innovative, adaptive multi-channel coding scheme to enhance radio transceiver performance, thereby maximizing your link budget and spectrum utilization – while still maintaining regulatory compliance. This results in links that can span distances from 10 m up to 100+ km.
Quick and Easy Installation
The unique sliding-clamp design of airFiber allows mounting hardware to be pre-assembled prior to installation – no more dropped screws at the top of the tower. As an added convenience, the drop-in cradle mount design allows the installer to attach mounting hardware to the pole without having to support the weight of the airFiber radio during installation.
- Operating Frequency: 5.470-5.6, 5.650-5.850 GHz (US)
- Dimensions: 938.4 x 468.4 x 281.4 mm
- Weight: 16 kg (mount included)
- Max. Power Consumption: 40W
- Power Supply: 50V, 1.2A PoE GigE Adapter (Included)
- Power Method: Passive Power over Ethernet (42-58V)
- Pole Mount Kit (Included)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 55°C (-40 to 131°F)
- Data Port: 1x 10/100/1000 Ethernet Port
- Configuration Port: 1x 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Auxiliary Port: 1x RJ-12, Alignment Tone Port
- FCC USA Version
- Maximum Throughput: 1.0+ Gpbs
- Maximum Range: 100+ km (dependent on regulatory region)
- Packets per Second: 1+ Million
- Encryption: 128-bit AES
- FEC: 164/205
- Uplink/Downlink Ratio: 50% Fixed
- Radio Frame Synchronization: GPS
- Channel Bandwidth: 50 MHz
- TX/RX Gain: 23 dBi
- Beamwidth: 6°
- Polarity: Dual Slant Polarization
Includes 2 units for a complete point to point link